Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day Two

Dudie Silberman of New York is our first winner with this correct response:

The first kosher certification went to Heinz. In 1923 Heinz Vegetarian Beans became the first American product to display the OU kosher symbol.


While not the winner this time, Menachem Butler of New York sent in a reply that I would like to mention:


--My great-grandfather, Frank Butler, was the mashgiach! Or as my cousin Danny Butler likes to say when campaigning in Pittsburgh: "my grandfather was the first Union rep at Heinz."--
Since the winning answer came in so quickly, I will be posting a second Question later today. Thank you to everyone who sent in an entry and for being a part of this experiment. Please tell your friends.

Feel free to post a comment, especially once you receive your prize.

1 comment:

Düdie said...

Woohoo! I'd like to thank the internet and google and staying up late, and especially Dave!